With the official beginning of spring only a few days away, festival season is getting ready to kick off. 2013 is promising to be a great year with a festival calendar that is packed with performances by some of the best music acts in each genre, performing at the most stylish venues. And because music and fashion go hand in hand, we already look forward to finding out what the fashion crowd will be wearing.
Ahead of the avalanche of cool style shots that will undoubtedly unleash online and on the print press this summer, we’re bringing you the Self Service Festival Guide 2013 along with SpiritHoods’ new Spring release. It’s time to be wild and let your spirit run free with the ‘hoods that promise you oodles of fun in the sun (or mud, depending on the weather). SpiritHoods Sring 2013 will be available in the UK online shop next week.
1. Coachella is heralding festival season for two weekends on 12th-14th and 19th-21st April at Palm Springs in sunny California. With Blur, The Postal Service and The Stone Roses headlining, this Self Service favourite is one of the most celeb-packed and glamorous of festivals. Wear the SpiritHood American Bison. The new styles include more lightweight versatile fabrics and bright, fashion-forward linings, perfect for shielding your head from the sun.
2. There is guaranteed sunshine at Sonar in Barcelona, the ‘International Festival of Advanced Music and New Media Art’, plus the possibility not just to party but also to spend some time in this amazing European city. Last year’s lineup included Lana del Rey. This year, crowds will be wowed by old school artists Kraftwerk and the Pet Shop Boys and there are more acts to be announced on their website as 13th to 15th June approaches. Arrive in your HB3 SpiritHoods to dulcify your time spent travelling. The HB3 hoods feature a hidden inner pocket for your device and are compatible with most mp3 players and mobile phones. You can even put it in the hand wash cycle on your machine — what a winner!
3. The British festival, Glastonbury is the largest and (arguably) the best this country has to offer. Tickets sold out within moments of going live but do not despair! Some are scheduled for release nearer to 26th to 30th June, so check Glasto’s website for more details. Nas has confirmed, The Rolling Stones are strongly rumoured to play and Brits Lianne La Havas and Dizzie Rascal are believed to be among the star-studded list of performers. Wear the most fashion-forward of the SpiritHoods Spring 2013 styles. The Bald Eagle Shawl with a stunning white hood and striped feathered shoulders is guaranteed to make you stand out among the crowds.
4. Nice to see that they’ve put the Olympic Park to some great use. Wireless will be taking place at the new London venue on 12th and 13th July, so weather-wise we should be safe. Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z are headlining. Wear a suit and tie? Nah, the SpiritHoods Blue Jay would be the right choice in the fashion capital. The latest Spring additions to the SpiritHoods catalogue are definitely more colourful than they’ve ever been before, responding to more eclectic shades of faux fur from the catwalks.
5. If you’ve still kept up in this festival crawl, give it your all and rock your heart out at T in the Park in Scotland between 12th and 14th July. Rihanna, The Killers and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are set to be headlining this year. This is the time to let loose, be wild and unleash the free spirit that is running through yourself.
6. Latitude, between 18th and 21st July, is the geek chic festival, encompassing all of the arts, from literature, to theatre and live music. The first announcement of performers will be made on 19th March so look out, it’s going to be ‘very special’. Last year it included Bon Iver, Lana del Rey and Metronomy. Be all hipster and show some love for animals. Spirithoods have expanded their efforts to help wildlife with 10% of net profits from all ‘hoods donated directly to the conservation of endangered species.
7. The Secret Garden Party between 25th and 28th July in Cambridgeshire is considered one of the UK’s best boutique festivals with electronic and alternative beats. The initial lineup has just been revealed: Soulwax, Django Django and Ava Leigh will be among the performers. Go as a mythical or animal character at this big boho dress up do. SpiritHoods Spring 2013 intricate Goa lining matches the sort of music that this festival typically showcases.
8. We’ve approached the middle of what is hopefully going to be one hot British summer (an oxymoron?). Taking place at the weekend of 17th and 18th August, the Virgin Media V Festival is another Self Service fave and promises to be mega this year! The most luxurious of festivals encompasses a celebrity-packed VIP area. Beyoncé and Kings of Leon will be headlining and we cannot wait to see the style pics! Btw, have you noticed how the guy from the campaign looks quite a bit like Orlando Bloom?
9. Croatia is the new Ibiza. If you’re looking to party to the sounds of Dub, Hip-Hop, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Dubstep and beyond against the beautiful backdrop of the ancient Fort Punta Christo Pula, travel to Outlook festival in Fort Punta Christo Pula between 29th August and 2nd September. Talib Kweli, Joey Bada$$, Goldie and the Pharcyde are among the performers. This is the time to go completely bonkers and wear the brand new Magic Bear hood with its vibrant rainbow-clad pattern.
10. Closing festival season 2013 is Bestival between 5th and 8th September on the Isle of Wight. The mythical fancy dress music event has a non-corporate and environmental feel but manages to bring top artists into their lineup. Snoop Dogg and Elton John have been announced so far. Let the SpiritHood inner animal inspire your outfit.