From her distinctive style, down to her meticulous make-up and the quality of her writing, Leanne Woodfull’s blog about fashion and beauty is a compelling read that immediately got us hooked. In an interview with Self Service, the Irish Thunder + Threads blogger reveals her love for 90s pop and what got her into the blogging game.
Leanne Woodfull: I actually had a hospital appointment on Valentine’s Day, but I received a box of chocolates from my Mam when I got home — which was very nice indeed!
SSUK: Have you already spent your prize (a £500 voucher at Wildfox Couture UK)? What did you get?
LW: Yes, I have! I bought the Classic Fox Santorini Dress, the oh-so popular Seeing Stars Lennon Sweater in Blue, the Go Topless Baggy Beach Jumper, the California Girl Charlie Crop Tank and the amazingly 90s Are You Afraid of the Dark? Oversize V-neck! I’m so thrilled, to say ‘I’m excited about opening up that parcel’ is an understatement.
SSUK: What is it that fascinates you about fashion?
LW: How fashion reflects the times, how it allows one to express themselves and how it constantly changes and evolves.
SSUK: What prompted you to set up your blog in 2009?
LW: Boredom, lack of platforms to express my creativity and interests… and because blogging was apparently going to be the ‘next big thing’!
SSUK: What has been the biggest learning curve since then?
LW: To not put too much of yourself out there, to be proud of yourself and appreciate the people who support you.
SSUK: Do you have a favourite item of clothing that you keep returning to, whatever the season?
LW: My faux leather jacket, as always!
A dozen facts about Leanne…
1) Favourite holiday destination: Prague!
2) Greatest style inspiration: Old Hollywood
3) Favourite song to dance to: Currently ‘Tearin’ Up My Heart’ by *NSYNC (cringe!)
4) Favourite song to sing along to: Reckless – You Me At Six
5) Favourite 90s thing: Nickelodeon
6) Favourite pet: Dogs
7) Maybe they don’t exist, but I believe in: Ghosts and ghouls!
8) Favourite sweet: Skittles!
9) Best party moment: Having all-nighters in town with friends at the age of 16
10) Favourite workout: Walking to my fridge and back!
11) Guilty pleasure: Cheesy 90s pop
12) Current phone / desktop image: 40s pin up girls on the beach on my phone, and a California beach from the 50s as my comp desktop.